5/05/2014

5 TIPS TO SPRING CLEAN YOUR DIET


Well it's May and I'm extremely excited.

I'll be done with the Spring 2014 semester this Tuesday and you bet I'm going to celebrate!

I'll also be getting my very first gym membership. I've been working out for nearly 4 years and I've never owned a membership. I've always worked out at the park, home, or the school gym.

Simon goes to Metroflex Gym in Fort Worth and I went there once as a guest....let me just tell ya right now that those men are some of the biggest and tallest men ever. Okay maybe the tallest part is a little biased because I only stand 5 foot 2. But still...

So I'll be training with Simon this summer and we'll be doing a ton of awesome workouts and I'm super excited about that! I really enjoyed my time there last time and I'm excited to be in an atmosphere such as this one. Plus, it's just more fun working out with someone else.

To celebrate May I wanted to give you a jumpstart into your nutrition goals! It's the perfect time of the year to rid your kitchen of the junk and replace it with healthy options!

Taking the first step towards change is hard.

Trust me, I know.

But luckily for you I have 5 super easy tips on how to spring clean your diet!





  1. Say goodbye to sodas (or sugary drinks): Can you imagine drinking 33 grams of sugar? Can you imagine eating 8 teaspoons of sugar? NO? Good! Because that's what's in your soda and if you're looking to wittle your waist then that sugar loaded drink will not do you any favors. Plus studies have shown that high fructose corn syrup, the primary ingredient in sodas, is extremely addictive. Hence why it's so hard to put that sugared beverage down. Find a way to limit your intake and when you can make the commitment, cut it out completely.
  2. Add plant-based foods: You don't have to be a vegan to eat more plant based foods. Whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts, fruits, and vegetables are all plant based foods that can and will be beneficial to your health! You can snack on fruits and vegetables or nuts. Rule of thumb: the more colorful your food choices are, the better. The pigments that give fruits and vegetables their vibrant colors are antioxidants!
  3. Throw out bad foods: Throw out anything you know isn't good for you. These items can be anything from pop tarts, chips, baked items, and so on. Rule of thumb: if there's absolutely no nutritional value in them, throw them out.
  4. Drink more water: We are all suffering from chronic dehydration, we just don't realize it. I even struggle with this on busy days. I'm preaching from the top of my lungs here, DRINK DRINK DRINK more water! It's so beneficial and it will flush out all of those nasty, pesky, toxins that out fat cells are holding on to.
  5. Cook your own food: Be your own sexy little chef and start cooking your own meals. You're more than likely to make healthy decisions when preparing meals at home. You will also consume less calories than if you went out or bought fast food. I also highly suggest you plan your meals or if you have time, cook them for the week. I prepare my weekly meals on Sunday night so that I'm prepared. Even if you don't prepare your entire meal for the week cook at home to save calories...and money!
That's all y'all. It's the smallest changes that lead to BIG RESULTS.

Remember, progress if never swift nor easy.

xo,


4 comments:

Dawn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

In Jan. I began "clean eating" and exercise. I have let myself go for YEARS...and being over weight, in pain, sick and just tired I decided it was time for a change. I did all these things you suggest and more. I'm down 44 lbs.
Saw your link on SITS FB page, followed you on social media. I did write a decadent food blog but have switched over to "healthy" :)
Dawn
Spatulas On Parade

Angel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Dawn Bedingfield Congratulations. I think the first step towards change is always the hardest. It took me a very long time but I am glad I took the first step into eating healthy. 44 pounds is quite a lot, I'm sure you've worked really hard because clean eating can be difficult! Thanks so much for showing some love and I'll definitely be checking out your blog!

Paula - Buenos Aires said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This post caught my attention at SITs too. :) I thought that starting now I´d be set by the time our spring comes around in September. ;) I´m glad to say I´m already doing quite a lot of these tips! Need to pay attention to the hydratation one now the weather is colder.

Angel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Paula - Buenos Aires That's awesome! Sometimes I forget that my readers are from all over the world! It's definitely always a great idea to get a jump start though. Hydration is definitely my hardest one throughout the year!

Post a Comment

09 10