When I think of a fruit salad, I think of those boxed, overpriced salad bowls at the grocery store. How boring...and plus, you have no idea if they washed them, how they washed them or how long they've been soaking in their "fruit juices". Gross.
When I think of dark chocolate, I think of chocolate cupcakes and delicious frosting. Yum.
Unfortunately, neither of those are...healthy or fresh.
This fruit salad is rather exciting. It's refreshing and it definitely cures your desire for some chocolate. It's a really easy recipe and the best part is, you can eat this as a dessert or replace it with your side salad.
Fruit Salad with Cocoa Nibs
- 1 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- 2 Fresh Kiwis, sliced
- 1 Cup fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate cocoa nibs (directions below)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Throw all the fruits together in a bowl
- Drizzle maple syrup over salad & toss in cocoa nibs
Cocoa Nibs Directions
- Take the cocoa nibs and place them on a cutting board
- With a sharp knife begin chopping the chocolate as if you are mincing an onion
- Now you have cocoa nibs!
Enjoy, my little hungry hearts!
Love, Angel xo