This recipe is perfect & easy for breakfast or even a snack on the go!
I personally like my banana's to be super fresh, in the sense that they are not very ripe. I'm very sensitive to sugar and too much of it makes me feel sick. This PB&J Banana Roll is a good balance for me and those of you who don't like too much sugar.
Let's get a few things straight with our nutrition facts:
Peanut Butter VS Almond Butter
- Both nuts are healthy for you.
- Natural and organic is the best way to go (so you don't get all the sugar and bad oils they put in the ever so popular and cheap brands)
- Neither one is better than the other. They both have their own health benefits.
- Almond butter yields a much milder taste with a tad of almond.
Sugar Free VS Sugar Filled Jams
- Smucker's sugar free is my favorite & it's sweetened with Splenda.
- Ton's of flavors & it's only 25 calories per tablespoon (I don't count calories)
- If and when you can, make your own homemade fruit jams/jellies. So much healthier and you know what is going into them + they're all natural.
Whole Wheat VS White
- Whole wheat has fiber (keeps you full people!) while white doesn't. PERIOD.
- So switch. Okay?
Click "Read more" for the recipe!
PB&J Banana Roll
- La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber tortillas (6-8 inch)
- Peanut/Almond butter (use sparingly! I use 2 Tbsp. for one roll)
- Smucker's sugar free fruit Jam (I used strawberry 2 Tbsp.)
- Peel and cut off the two ends of your banana so that you get a "straight" banana.
- Spread your peanut/almond butter all over your tortilla. Follow your peanut/almond butter and spread your jam on top of your tortilla.
- Place your banana at one end of your tortilla and begin to roll your tortilla and banana together.
Enjoy, my little hungry hearts!
Love, Angel xo