2/03/2012

Faux Taco Sandwich

LOTS of things have happened this past month. I feel like if I listed everything, we'd never finish reading the list. Just know I've been super duper ridiculously busy.

Well, no matter how busy I am, everyday after school, I try my hardest to fit in a workout. Some nights, I simply don't get to because I have homework. SO WHAT?!

I think that's something people need to get through their heads. Don't punish yourself ever for not being able to do something. Whether you ate something "bad" or if you didn't work out. Whatever it is, don't punish yourself!

Anyways, everyday after school, I am SO hungry by the time I get home. (I am so used to eating at a certain time from my work hours) 

I should just say right now that I don't eat red meat. AT ALL. My sister still thinks I'm a crazy woman for giving it up three years ago. However, I DO eat chicken, turkey, and seafood. So no, I am not a vegetarian (I think I would die!!) The whole "not getting to eat tacos unless there's turkey meat in the freezer cause I don't eat beef and I just can't run to Taco Bell" scenario really makes me want tacos all the time!

This faux taco sandwich is something that is completely different from a regular sandwich because it uses a tortilla. Its technically not a taco but I ended up folding it like one and it just really reminded me of a taco. It doesn't taste like a taco whatsoever. It simply tastes like...a turkey sandwich on a tortilla bread. But I think it's something fun from a plain ol' sandwich.





There really isn't a recipe for this one cause it just uses items in your fridge and pantry. You could get creative and use a bunch of different things. Here's what it looks like on the inside. After the picture, you can see what was in this faux taco sandwich!




It might look weird (My mom had a really odd look on her face when she looked at it) but it tastes pretty darn good. Maybe I just like weird stuff? Nope, that's just not possible, Im the QUEEN of yummy food. DUH. ;)

Here's what you'll need to make this:
  • One La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious low carb high fiber Tortilla
  • 3 tbsp Light Ranch dressing (or your favorite, mustard works great too but I was out of it! You can cheat just a little but be generous with the amount!!)
  • 2 tbsp crumbled fat-free Feta cheese
  • 3-4 slices of deli style turkey slices
  • One handful (or more!) baby spinach (My favorite!!)
  • 2-3 slices fresh tomatoes (or however much)
Directions
  1. Lay tortilla on a plate and spread the light ranch dressing on the tortilla. Then spread the crumbled feta cheese over your dressing. (so that they can stick onto something) 
  2. Roll your turkey slices up and lay right on top of the tortilla bread which is now drizzled with dressing and feta cheese.
  3. Place your tomatoes on top of the turkey slices and then spread your baby spinach on top of your tomatoes.
  4. Fold like a taco and ENJOY!!
Dig In, you little hungry hearts!

Love, Angel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10