1/12/2012

Challenge #3, HIIT

So if you're frequently read my blog, you'll remember this story I wrote about beating the standard fitness score as an FBI agent. It was also challenge #2 that I'm constantly training for. 

How am I supposed to beat the 1.5 mile run in under 10 minutes you ask? Well...

I've been doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)!! HIIT is about mixing high intensity bursts of exercise with moderate intensity recovery periods. It’s brutal but has incredible advantages. It’s the quickest way to get fit, lose fat and supercharge for sports performance.

Before I give you the challenge, it's important for me to provide you with some safe pointers, especially if you're a beginner.

WARM-UPS:
The warm ups bring blood and energy into the muscles, the muscles realize they are being called on and prime themselves for doing work. In interval training, the cool down is also important, it starts your recovery off on the right foot. It's an excellent idea to do a few stretches after your warm up. 

SPRINTS
Be kind to your body and learn to distinguish what it feels like between pushing it hard and pushing it over its limit. Go as fast as your body can handle. 

RESTS
During your rest phase, do not fully stop but keep jogging at a steady and moderate pace.




HIIT me with your best shot ladies!! ;)

Love, Angel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10