3/24/2013

Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie


I love carnivals.

There's something very nostalgic about it. When my sister & I were little, my parents would take us to every carnival our town would have. I can't recall a time we didn't go to the carnival when it was in town.

As we slowly grew up, we slowly stopped going to the carnivals. I want to go back.

One thing we tried to do when going to the carnival was avoid the food & drinks there. They're way overpriced for what you get. So we would sometimes just eat before we went & bought drinks if we got thirtsy. Sometimes if my sister & I were being good little girls we would get cotton candy.

Cotton candy is so gross.

One thing I did like from the carnival was their frozen strawberry drinks. My go to flavors when I was little was watermelon & strawberry.

Now it's coconut.

So the other day when I got a new case of coconut water I thought to myself, what would happen if I tried to combine my little girl-self & my...not so little girl-sell, together?

Well, a strawberry banana coconut smoothie would happen, that's what!


Let me tell you something, this recipe is so good & refreshing, I ended up drinking the second half of my leftover. Oops.

At least it's healthy, so I don't feel bad.


Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie

Ingredients

♥ Half Ripe Banana
♥ 2-3 strawberries (more for tangy, less for less tang)
♥ 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (or to taste)
♥ 1 Cup Fresh Coconut Water
♥ 2 Tbsp Honey or 2-6 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
♥ Ice Cubes (depends on how icy you want it, use your judgement, I used 5 large ice cubes)

Directions

♥ Mix all of the smoothie ingredients in a blender until you reach your desired consistency

Enjoy, my hungry little hearts!





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10