Okay, so no dessert is really "healthy" but you can "Skinny" it up. One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is baking and I dream of opening up my own bakery one day!
Sometimes, I will crave cupcakes. Red velvet, Chocolate, Vanilla, Carrot, you name it, I'll take it! But the calories in a single cupcake is shocking. It makes you rethink indulging.
There is a shocking 250-400 calories in one cupcake. Of course, you have to take in the amount of icing there is and the cake ingredients. That number value should be going towards lunch or dinner but instead, we're stuffing our faces with dessert.
Marie Antoinette said it best "Have your cake and eat it too"
So today I'm introducing you to a super easy skinny cupcake alternative. This doesn't mean you can eat 10 cupcakes and still consider them skinny!! But this does mean you can indulge every now and then to cure your cravings.
Like by eating one or maybe two if you're gonna work your butt off later working out! Watch it sister! It's called moderation!! And self control ;)
It starts off with a boxed cake mix and the best thing is that you can use this recipe with ANY flavor cake mix your little hungry heart desires!
I dare you!!
That's right, you cant.
Because it DOES look delicious & it tastes delicious too!!
Skinny Chocolate Cupcake
- Cupcake Batter
- One box chocolate cake mix (I like Duncan Hines)
- 6 oz. Chobani unflavored greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 large egg whites
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (sweetened is fine, I won't tell anyone)
- 3 tbsp fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt (I like sea salt)
- Rainbow Non-pareils for decoration (Optional, its so pretty though!!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine cake mix, chobani yogurt, water, and egg whites in a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Pour the batter into prepared cupcake liners and bake for 17 minutes at 350° degrees.
- To make the glaze, whisk all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl & set aside.
- After the cupcakes are done baking, let them cool in the cupcake pan for about 2-4 minutes. Next, take each cupcake out and set them on the counter, grab your chocolate glaze & dip the top of a cupcake into the glaze. Sprinkle on the pretty rainbow non-pareils while the glaze is still wet to set the sprinkles on.
Fat: 2.4 g
Carbs: 26.3 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 2.3 g
Sugars: 19.7 g
Sodium: 250 mg.
Love, Angel xo