1/20/2014

BAKED GREEN BEANS



I eat as healthy as I can.

The term "healthy" means so many different things to so many people though.

I recently bought a couple of books to further my knowledge about the food we eat and most importantly how we obtain the nutrients from them.

I bought a vegetarian cookbook and as soon as I told Simon about it he said "Are you going vegetarian? I don't know how I'd feel about living with a vegetarian."

Well, I wasn't surprised at his remark. He is after all, a meat eating man.

I've known forever that I could never be a vegetarian, let alone vegan. I wouldn't survive.
I don't think being a vegetarian or vegan is bad, more power to y'all!




However, I can change the way I eat easily.

When I gave up red meat I didn't miss it. When I gave up soda I didn't miss it. You get the point.

I've always loved eating vegetables, as far back as when I was a teeny tiny baby. Veggies are so nutritious, how could one not love them? Oh yea...they're vegetables.

Everyone and their granny knows that veggies are healthy for you but then there's people who hate vegetarians/vegans because they're boring and aren't eating.

Well, you win some you lose some in the game of life.

Well I'm here to tell you that you don't have to become a full fledged vegetarian or vegan to eat your vegetables!

I've been eating more and more veggies lately and trying to eat less meat. Not because I want to become a vegetarian/vegan but just because I know that vegetables are better for the body on a holistic approach.

I still eat meat but I just eat more vegetables. I always make sure that my plate has more veggies than anything else, that way I can still enjoy eating!

Easy peasy!



BAKED GREEN BEANS

Author: Shape Up To Wake Up
Serves: 10


INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 lb. fresh green beans
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
  • Salt to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat the oven at 350 F degrees.
  2. Wash and snip the ends of your green beans and let them dry up a bit
  3. Drizzle olive or coconut oil over green beans and sprinkle salt to taste
  4. Bake in the oven at 350 F degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy, my hungry little hearts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10