11/18/2012

Cranberry Pear Sauce




I can already taste cranberry sauce in my mouth! This is one of those side dishes that can secretly be your dessert. This recipe isn't too sweet or bitter, it's just perfect!

And the best part?

There's pear in it! I always like making a recipe and added something in it to give it something extra special. I think the pear gives it something nice to look forward to eating!

This cranberry pear sauce is sweetened with honey and I love honey. I like it more than sugar and use it whenever I can to replace sugar.




Cranberry Pear Sauce


Ingredients: 

  • 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 2 ripe pears, peeled and cored, cubed small
  • 1/2 cup agave (or honey to taste)
  • 1 cup water

Directions:

Bring all ingredients to a boil on high heat in a saucepan.

When boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens. 

Remove from heat and let it cool before refrigerating.

Serve chilled or room temperature. Makes 3 1/4 cups.




Makes 3 1/4 cups

I seriously can't wait for Thanksgiving so that I can make this again!! :)

Enjoy, my hungry little hearts!

Love, Angel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10